On our way to Boise, ID (half-way) KC decides it would be a good idea to fix the DVD player. I wanted to just buy a portable one...but my MAN has to show off his testosterone levels by tearing apart my car console and reconfiguring wires, inverters, converters, cables, adapters, splitters and who knows what else goes in there!

Needless to say, KC is a genious when it comes to audio systems, so it all went back together nicely. Even though we had to pull my center thingi majig out and it smelled as if something died in there! YUCK!

KC was very pleased with his success :)

I, on the other hand, was more than ready to get back on the road. I'm not much for riding in the car.

So we finally get there (8 hours later) and I was VERY VERY HAPPY!

We spent the night Friday the 26th where we always stay in Boise, ID. SHILO INN! LOVE that place! First of all, it's cheap, and second, the view is beautiful :)
The next EARLY morning I took Sierra and Lexi to the airport for their first flying experience. And they braved it alone! I'm such a proud mama, but I did almost cry as they boarded.
They felt so grown up with their cool ID boarding passes around their necks :)
We then dropped Jen and Erika off with their dad after lunch and KC and I went back to the hotel for a well-deserved nap!
After we woke up, we followed tradition to walk along the riverside right on the hotel grounds. I could hear the geese squawking all night, but it was great :)
We climbed to the middle of the river and accidently came upon a mommy geese on her nest of eggs. Oops. She was TICKED off!! Hissing and screaming and flapping her wings at us....so I had to take a picture of course :)

All in all...we had a great couple of weekends. We practically repeated the same trip this last weekend (tearing apart the DVD player and all) when we went to pick the girls up. Two trips to Boise in two weeks...but well worth the pictures and the memories.
Until next time, Boise!






Sounds like a fun adventure! MISS YOU TONS!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a good, safe drive. I love road trips, so I'm a little jealous that you got two so close together! Anyway- so glad you called, I miss you tons! Lets plan a get- together soon!
ReplyDeleteOh- by the way, I think my mom gave you my hubby's cell phone number cause he got a text from some strange lady with a Washington phone number. I'll send you my number soon.
Love ya!